Sunday, July 3, 2011

A crochet doll


A while back I got a pattern for a crochet doll from Crafty Is Cool on Etsy. It was so cute and I thought I could figure it out. NOT!!! I made the head three times and it just would not come out round! I took the pattern to church and had a friend try it, same thing; not round.

Okay, I made a head my way! Came out great. On to the body in the pattern, that came out great also. I could not get the arms or the legs to come out the way the pattern told me to do it. I emailed Crafty Is Cool and she told me that "no one else had a problem with the pattern" .

Okay, so by now three of us (2 friends at church) can't make the pattern work.
I am new to crochet, but I thought the pattern would work out. It didn't.
I gave up and did the rest of the doll "my way"!!!
She looks nothing like the pattern, but I do like her a lot.


This is how she came out.




The good thing is, I learned how to make these wonderful curls!!!
She has more than she needs, but I had fun doing them and got carried away!

This doll is a OOAK. I don't know how to do patterns,
I just kept doing "my own thing" until she was done.



4 comments:

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mother Goose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.