Thursday, June 14, 2012

A new batch of babies

Over the past three months my life has had its ups and downs.  Mostly downs!!!  When you are told you have Cancer,  things change.  People you thought were friends  turn their back on you. Family members don't  know what to say to you, so they don't bother to call.  You have no energy to do the things you love. You are tired all of the time.

BUT,  the day comes when things start to improve.  The last chemo treatment is now history. You can go out in public again without worrying about getting sick.  Your energy level starts to go back up and you start doing things you love again.

I have tried very hard not to post negative things on this BLOG.  I know I read blogs to get inspired, to laugh or to see what others love doing.  I don't read blogs about dying or illness.  It does no one any good!


Today I want to show you what I have done this week!
This is my latest batch of newborns. They are ready to be wrapped in their blankets and wait for a new home.  These baby dolls will be going to my big craft show in August.  If anyone is interested in one sooner,  just let me know.

.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Dear Sandra, I wish I could reach out and give you a hug.

Its hard, I think, for even your closest friends to know what to say to you, or how to treat you. You just want your life back, and for your friends to be your friends.

The best news to hear is that you are starting to feel good again; the dolls you have made during this time are truly special.

Take good care,

Beth

Mother Goose said...

Thank you Beth. Your words mean a lot to me.

Mary Ann said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and that you are busy again. I love you babies. I'm sure they'll find homes when you go to your craft show:)

Vicki said...

Your babies are so sweet!

Lou Who said...

Happy to hear that you are feeling better.

Your babies are adorable!

Christina said...

I just lost my best friend from childhood to Cancer this month. Can cer is a jerk! I am glad to hear you are giving it a run for its money. Punch it in the nose for me next time it shows its ugly face! Your dolls are beautiful and it is very important to your healing that you do what makes you happy! It shows in every doll's face that you are full of hope and love!