Thursday, February 25, 2016

Looking like family

Most of you know that I love to make cloth dolls. But I am NOT a cloth doll designer. 
There are hundreds and hundreds of cloth doll designers out in the world. 
 I think it is silly for me to try to design a doll.
 I think it is better to support the designers!

Some one recently told me that my dolls all look alike. 
 Not as in exactly alike, as in twins.   But they have a "family" resemblance! 
 I had heard that each of us put part of ourselves into each doll we make. 
 This may be why my cloth dolls all look like they are part of a family.

What do you think? Do my cloth dolls all look alike?

 

 From a Carolee pattern



From a Rainie Crawford pattern


From an old McCall's pattern
 

From a Morrissey pattern 


From a Dinky Baby pattern

.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sandra, I think I could pick out one of your dolls from a dolly lineup :-) Not that they all look alike, but that they bear your dollmaking DNA. I think it is an attention to detail, and the fact that each dollmaker creates a unique look, whether from their own design or someone else's. One of the characteristics that makes a handmade doll so precious.

warmly,

Beth