Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Time for a change

This has been a year of change
Some of it was bad,  but most of it was good.

I turned 70 this year.
I am not sure yet if that was good or bad.
It is good that I am still here,
but bad since it brought many more aches and pains!
But it did get me thinking.
There are things I would like to do 
and if I don't do them soon,  it will be to late,

That said,  I have decided to change this blog.
I was using it to show off the things I wanted to sell.
Although cloth dolls do not sell like they used to
I still have a desire to make them.
So this will become a place to share my playtime.
I still enjoy playing with my dolls and taking pictures of them.
 In the coming days you will meet more of my doll family.
I hope you like what you see!!!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Sandra, congratulations on turning 70! This is a point many people never see, and to be here with accumulated wisdom is indeed a good thing, in spite of the accumulated aches and pains :-)

I'm glad you will be continuing the blog, and continuing to play and enjoy dolls. Dolls give me immense pleasure and satisfaction, and feed the need for creativity. Enjoy the pleasure of being!

warmly,

Beth

colleen said...

I have missed your doll photo stories! I look forward to them coming back.

Serenata said...

Oh yeah! I am so looking forward to seeing pictures and stories of your dolls and play. That sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you :-)

Sandra Wheeler said...

Thank you all for your kind comments! I have missed doing the stories so it will be fun to start them up again.

Beth, four years ago when I was going through cancer treatments I wondered if I would make 70. I have a lot to thank God for.

Kiki's Korner said...

Happy belated birthday. I think play is a very healthy thing to do and look forward to your photos.